camera that will work in OS 9

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by joetronic, Sep 28, 2005.

1. joetronic macrumors 6502

I need a 2 or 3 megapixle camera that has drivers for OS 9. There is a teacher in one of my schools (I'm a tech at the local school system) that has OS 9 (we cannot upgrade) and needs a digital camera for curiculum work. Nothing fancy needed, just 2 or 3 megapixles. Since this will be purchased by a school system, we cannot use Ebay, needs to be purchased new from a known dealer that exepts tax exempt.

Thanks

Joe

2. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

3. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

My Canon PowerShot A60 (2MP) camera will work in Mac OS 9. You can still buy these are various electronic stores for under $150. Its a great camera for a 2MP camera. Good on batteries, and takes great pictures. It even has a movie mode, which will take noisy movies, but works ok.

You can also get a Canon PowerShot A75 (3MP) for around $170 that will work with Mac OS 9.

Here is a link to a bunch of sites that sell them:

http://www.pricescan.com/digiphoto/items/item156860.asp

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Instead of worrying about a camera why don't you focus on a card reader that supports OS 9. Than you can use any camera with it.

jon

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

iJon is right. Just find a card reader that will work. I have a feeling most of them will. If you're really set on finding a camera that has included software for OS 9, it shouldn't be too hard. My Sony DSC-T1 (relatively new camera) says that it's OS 9 compatible on the box. I've never installed the software that came with it, I just use iPhoto, but I think it does have Mac software (OS 9 and X) on the CD.

6. joetronic thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks guys. big help. I had no idea the DSC-T1 had OS 9 software.