Camera to iPod to Mac

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Sathos, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Sathos macrumors regular

My parents are interested in getting an iPod of their own (30 GB), but there's something we're wondering about. I know it's possible to buy something that allows you to transfer pictures from a digital camera straight onto an iPod, but my question is, is it possible to then put the pictures onto a Mac straight from the iPod? Thanks for any input!

2. Sathos thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm.. looks like that might be useful, thanks :)

However.. knowing my dad, he'd probably want them to be bigger than 720x480.. I don't suppose the camera connector would be putting the pictures on the iPod as high resolution so they could just be dragged onto the computer?

3. rafifreak00 macrumors regular

rafifreak00

With the Apple Camera Connector, it allows you to connect your USB camera straight to your iPod, and it will then transfer the pictures onto your iPod.

Once you connect it to your Mac, (be sure it's in Disk Mode), open the mounted image on the desktop and navigate to "Photos" or "Pictures," whatever, and it makes a folder with the date of the roll and you can copy them to your computer.

4. Sathos thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, good to know. Thanks!

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

and with the camera connector, I was able to just open up iPhoto and it transferred in, just like a camera. VERY easy.