Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdee0

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Yesterday when using the rear camera on my Iphone 7 I was getting a black screen. I could press on the screen and get the yellow focus but it was not focusing on anything and only seeing black. Pressing the button for the front camera worked fine but then after pressing that button for the rear camera it was simply going black and then switching to the front camera again. Tried reset and setting up as new.

Took it to Apple store and the engineer opened it and tried to replace the camera module. But then he couldn't find a spare part and then decided to test the camera module that was in the phone. He said the module was fine and so he said he rebooted the phone and it was then working fine.

After going home. Tried to setup the touch ID which had to be turned off prior to repair.
The touch ID was not registering my fingers at all.

Drove back to Apple store and spoke to the engineer. He told me that this appears to be some kind of software bug and as its a new product they are still trying to iron them out. He seemed to be under the impression that this was something he had seen before.

Anyway he replaced the phone with a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.