Caminiti Dies

Discussion in 'Community' started by grapes911, Oct 11, 2004.

1. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    Hey baseball fans,

Ken Caminiti died Sunday from an apperent heart attack. Medical examiners didn't rule out cause of death until toxicology test are complete.
    ESPN Caminiti

Its sad. Although an admitted drug user (even steroids), he was still a good ball player. Its a shame when talented guys can't keep their lives straight.
  2. fuzzwud macrumors regular

Jul 30, 2004
    yea i'm shocked because Caminiti has been on the Houston Chronicle news for the past 1-3 days before he died, reporting about his life and how he was getting back on track. When i think of the Astros, i still think of Bagwell, Biggio and Caminiti. I hope the Astros win over the braves today.

I'm sad that Reeves passed away today too.
  3. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    though i doubt it can concretely be established, his steroid use must have contributed some to his apparent heart attack.

i hope this will reduce the steroid use in MLB, or for that matter, all sports and that his death won't be dismissed as another "simple" case of tragedy.

he was a good player - a bit too muscle bound and bulky (i guess due to steroids) but i remember him playing 3B quite well.