Camino 1.0.4. Released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by devilot, Mar 15, 2007.

1. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I did a search, but didn't find anything...
    Dunno how long this version has been available. :eek: Downloading right now, link to the download here.

Hmm. Guess SpellChecker is still only in the nightly builds... which I'm too chicken to try. :p

2. lindstrom macrumors member

Sounds interesting. At work at the moment but will dowload and try later on today. Really want to use Camino but it is just not doing it for me. Have to do with Firefox at the moment.

The Nightly Build's work very well by the way =). Give it a try.

3. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

Ditto on the nightlies, not a single crash. I use Camino-Knightly to update it every day. Wish there was something like that for Webkit too.

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I've been using it for a few days now and, I'm pleased to say, it works well. To be honest I haven't noticed any differences in my day-to-day usage, but I absolutely love Camino. For my usage needs it seems to be the perfect browser :)

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Same, Camino Nightlies>>IE 6 in Stability.

6. devilot thread starter Moderator emeritus

devilot

But if we all used those, then who'd benefit from using the stable versions? :p

7. Objectivist-C macrumors 6502

There is, though I can't remember the name offhand. Alternately, you could spend thirty seconds setting up an Automator workflow, if you're on Tiger.

8. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

There is one, it's called NightShift, from the same author as CaminoKnight. I notice that right now his .mac bandwidth is used up, but you can still grab through something like Versionracker or Macupdate.

9. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

10. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

its been out since i got my mac last years. the 1.1 beta is great ive never had it crash once, especially now on 10.4.9

11. DuckRacer1 macrumors newbie

12. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

In the open-source software-world, developers work hard through the night :p to bring us radical new features. All the Mozilla-softwares (Camino, Firefox, Thunderbird, etc) and Webkit have this tradition.

I wish there was something like this for commercial apps too (OSX, iWorks/Life, etc.). But that's just wishful thinking :)

Thanks for the Safari-knightly tip, I'll check it out.