Camino 1.1 Alpha Released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by keithbennis, Oct 20, 2006.

1. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

2. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

I haven't had any problems with it for the 24 hours I've been using it. I've been using the trunk builds forever now, so the Alpha is no big difference I think. Test away, and file tickets when you do run into issues :)

3. Redline13 macrumors 6502

Still no private browsing option? That's disapointing. I like Camino but I find this feature in Safari very handy.

4. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Never tried Camino before, but I might download this just for a mess about.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Ooh, I'm not using this alpha version, but I can't wait 'til the bugs have been fixed!

6. kugino macrumors 65816

kugino

logs me out of various forums...spellchecker is nice feature...back to using 1.0.3 intel build for now.

7. keithbennis thread starter macrumors regular

keithbennis

I haven't had any issues with it.... yet.

I really enjoy Camino though over Safari or Firefox...... though it does mess up some myspace pages....... who cares about that ish.

8. solaris macrumors 6502a

solaris

Camino is an open-source project. So if you need private browsing that badly, why don't you add the feature yourself? ;)

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm in love with Camino 1.0.3 (plus CamiTools and Caminicon), so I'm really looking forward to the next iteration.

That said, using incremental builds causes my head to explode whenever I encounter a bug. I'll have to hold off.

10. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Good to hear there's development going on, I'm eager for a new version - 1.0.3 is a bit buggy for me.

11. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

There's always development going. They have a lot of cool new features that coming soon. If you've played with tabs in Adium, they're almost ready to bring the same to Camino- they've spent the whole summer getting the new tab system ready for 1.2 or 1.3.

If you're interested in trying out the latest and greatest, I'd suggest backing up your profile (just in case), and then downloading a development version of 1.2. You can even get souped up (optimized for your specific chip) versions of 1.2 for whichever processor you have.