Camino AdBlocking

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coastertux, Aug 24, 2006.

1. coastertux macrumors regular

Is there a program/plugin that does as good a job blocking ads in Camino as AdBlock Plus does in Firefox?

2. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

Edit: Read question wrong, my bad. For Camino the built in AdBlock seems to work good, but I also recommend CamiBlock or CamiFlash.

3. coastertux thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, but I am asking about Camino...AdBlock Plus is only for Firefox.

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

camino has a build-in adblock, but has no preference panel for user to customize, it works on some place nicely, but still, you have no option to manually add more filters.

5. live4ever macrumors 6502a

6. oober_freak macrumors regular

The best way out is using the usercontent.css file from www.floppymoose.com. It is the easiest and the fastest way to block ads on Safari and Camino(all Gecko-based browsers) :)

7. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Do you use it? What version of Camino?

I couldn't get it to work with a recent nightly, I'd love to switch.

8. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

You can get camitools and a bunch of other cool extensions from pimpmycamino.com CamiTools isnt going to be updated anymore though. The developer gave up on it because it was taking too much of its time. They're looking for someone to take over.

Camino was my first browser but I switched over to Shiira. Couple reasons, Camino COMPLETELY screws up videos that use WMV plug-in for me. Also there is no option to load new windows in tabs without pressing command in Camino, that sucks, I like my windows in tabs. Just crossing my fingers for Shiira 2.0 now. Uglier than Camino but worth having proper videos and tabs.

EDIT: CamiTools work with the recent stable release of Camino, 1.0.2 I believe.