Camino is pretty damn good, but a question?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by donniedarko, May 14, 2005.

1. donniedarko macrumors regular

Jan 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Faster then Safari atleast for me, verry little bugginess. I like and will use it.

Would anyone know how to make it the default browser in the OS?
  2. iindigo macrumors 6502a

Jul 22, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    In the latest build of Camino, just go to the Camino Menu > Preferences and it should show an option to change the default browser.
  3. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

Jan 19, 2003
    In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    you have to change the default browser in the safari preferences. it's under the general section.
  4. donniedarko thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
  5. calyxman macrumors 6502a

Apr 17, 2005
    I'm glad to see Camino back in the limelight. Personally I think it has the edge over Safari, and in the pre-Safari days, Camino was THE browser to use over IE, Mozilla, OMNI, and Oprah.
  6. NaMo4184 macrumors member

Mar 1, 2005
    Giving her a chance

Every time i try to use camino i usuualy come back to Safari. It just has too many problems.

1. The way the bookmarks are is too distracting. They should make them more like firefox or safari bookmarks in that they should be flat and use less color.

2. No spell check. Unforutanitly I am fairly retarded when it comes to spelling so this feature is a must have for me.

3. Cannot hide the status bar. I find that i really don't need the status bar And i would like to get rid of it.

4. Cannot decide which files are on "safe list" to be auto opened. I would like to add torrent files to be auto opened.

5. One of the most annoying things about camino is that when you hit the zoom botton it just fill the entire screen. This is just silly behaviour and neighter firefox or safari do that.

6. No address bar short cuts. If you use this feature its very hard to go with out it. It makes for fast searching.

7. No resume of downloads. Again both safari and firefox have this.

There are more features that they can add, but those are the ones that are stoping it form being my defualt browser. I understand that it is all voluntary work on camino, so you can't really be mad that its not perfect but i just feel that it has the most potential the be the best mac browser. So it bothers me that its so close yet so far away.

Also get off of quick draw :)