Camino or Safari?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dolphin1, Nov 26, 2006.

1. dolphin1 macrumors member

Nov 12, 2006
    On my eMac I'm using Camino and I like it. It does what I need to do. On my ibook I'm using Safari and I don't know.... At home, I'm on dial up and the ibook is SOOOO slow. Not so much pulling emails down (using mail) but when using Safari (web browsing and such). At work, I use the wireless service and it's fast. It might get hung up every now and then. Is it Safari?? Should I switch servers on the ibook?
  2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Apr 7, 2003
    Try Camino on your iBook and give it a shot. I'm temporarily on dial up and Firefox is definitely a little snappier than Safari. Not much, but on dial up even a little improvement can make a huge difference.
  3. Lau Guest

I find Safari to be slower when it's looking for the page, and much more likely to hang with the beachball, but when it has got the page it appears more or less instantly. With Camino, it's slower to actually render the page, but definitely finds it faster.

Overall, I prefer Camino because it seems faster (and because I find staring at a beachball or a blank screen highly frustrating), although I haven't ever tested the difference.

It's certainly worth giving other browsers a try, I think.
  4. dolphin1 thread starter macrumors member

Nov 12, 2006
    I think I'll try switching to see if it helps. What about transferring favorites over to new browser? How would I do that?
  5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Jun 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Firefox, Safari, and Camino all have import bookmarks functions. Could be under the File menu or another menu...