Camino still won't display some images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by annk, Nov 27, 2005.

1. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I've searched but not found...

Camino won't display some images for me. I went over to using nightly builds when the problem came up with the latest stabile version. Right now I'm running 1.0b1+, and I still get a QuickTime gif with a question mark in the middle. If I open the same URL in Safari, the gif shows up.

What gives? I want to continue to use Camino as my main browser, but it's a drag to have to open some sites in Safari.

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I've noticed Safari is more forgiving with image files such as gifs and jpgs. I had a similar situation where I made a screen capture with Snapz pro, and Safari was able to read the JPEG file whereas Firefox could not.

I've found greater compatibility when I save gifs and jpgs using the web export feature in Photoshop. Maybe some designers are using different apps to save gifs for the web.

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

3. annk thread starter Administrator

annk

Staff Member

My problem is just viewing the sites with all the images. Most sites are fine in Camino, but every once in a while, I have to copy the URL and open it in Safari in order to see the images.

4. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

That is indeed annoying. URL?

5. annk thread starter Administrator

annk

Staff Member

6. lordj4000 macrumors member

Just tried both in camino, no problems here. I don't know what to tell you, maybe delete camino's preferences?

btw, camino 1.0b1 stable build.

7. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

No problems here with Camino 1.0a1, either.

8. annk thread starter Administrator

annk

Staff Member

AArrgghh...so what could it be? I deleted the plist file for Camino, it didn´t help. Could it be Java? I am not java-literate, have no idea what my java folder should look like. Here it is:

Attached Files: