Camino stopped working.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gloss, Sep 28, 2006.

1. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Odd, but Camino suddenly refuses to open a browser window. It seems to function fine in every other respect, although that doesn't mean much since it won't surf.

Firefox still goes.

I tried deleting and reinstalling, and keep getting the same issue. Permissions are repaired. Any other suggestions?

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I would suggest you delete the camino's pref and profile folder in your library folder

3. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Magic. Thank you.

4. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Oddly, it was the Wikipedia search preference that was jamming things up. Was working fine until about an hour ago.

Hrm.

5. kered22 macrumors 6502

kered22

Out of curiosity gloss, what Mac are you running?

My Dad was running Camino on his MacBook Pro (2.1 Ghz, 2 GB of RAM) and three times I believe Camino went kaput. Bookmarks would just disappear, the entire profile ended up corrupted. So he just went back to Safari. Don't believe it's the RAM since nothing else has gone kaput like that.

6. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

Hey. Running a 2.0ghz Macbook. 2GB of RAM. Haven't had many other issues. Camino itself was working like a charm until today, and I was able to reproduce the error four times, so I think it's isolated.

7. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Were you running either CaminoSession .4 or CamiTools (with the appearance settings changed)? Both of those will cause this problem.