Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
I used to use Camino exlusively since version 0.6 I think. I've always liked it...until the slow text input bug crept up. I don't understand how that's not priority #1 for the developers and I gave up on Camino a few weeks ago after living with that bug for so long. Even the 0.9a release doesn't fix it and it really ruins the web experience.

Now I use OmniWeb and really love it, but I'm not sure I want to spend $30 on a web browser. If it was $10 or $15, I would definitely keep it, but I think I'll start to look for another browser soon. Shiira or whatever it's called is looking pretty good.

swindmill

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2005
KY
I just downloaded the optimized build and I'm impressed. I didn't think anything could get me to leave the functionality of Firefox, but at least for now, I might switch. The one thing that bothers me is that it doesn't have a password manager. I know it can store passwords on the keychain, but only a couple sites even ask to store them.

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
swindmill said:
I just downloaded the optimized build and I'm impressed. I didn't think anything could get me to leave the functionality of Firefox, but at least for now, I might switch. The one thing that bothers me is that it doesn't have a password manager. I know it can store passwords on the keychain, but only a couple sites even ask to store them.

I may be wrong, but IIRC one of the things on Firefox's todo list is to take away the password manager, and delegate those tasks to the keychain. So the Firefox of the future will be like Camino in that respect. Seeing that, I doubt Camino's about to abandon that system of password managing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.