Camp or xBox?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zap2, Feb 17, 2006.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

So my grand mom has offered to pay for my camp(for basketball, a lot of my team is going aswell) but after i came home from the mall today i told her i saw the xBox 360

After tell her what it does, and its price, she something alone the lines that i have to make up my mind which i wants.... so i ask MacRumor's 'troops' help

What would you do

Go to camp(for basketball with some members of my team)

Or get a xBox 360(the high end one )

I think that camp is about 500 will the 360 is 399 so price is also something to think about.

Any ideas?

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I would go the sports camp. The Xbox 360 is going to be around for years. How often are you going to get to go to a b-ball camp w/your friends/teammates?

Lethal

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I think it depends on how much you want to go to the camp. If you really really want to go, then go. It'll be lots of fun I'm sure. Otherwise get the xBox, it'll give you years of entertainment and distraction. :D

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I second the camp. It will be way more fun than an XBox and better for you too.

5. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hhmm, being a owner of the 360....I would say do u wanna play games or do other things.

a $500 PC is gonna be a pos for games. my graphic card alone cost me $500 so it depends man what u want. if u want just games, 360 (although I think its crap) I would wait for the PS3 if u were gonna do anything

Edit:
    ok wow, i read camp comp...i thought u said u did good in camp so u had a choice between comp or 360...im an idiot

6. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

7. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Depends how high end the camp is, I've been to dozen's of camps and none have been worth it except the Vince Carter one I went to. If it's professionally run then it's worth it. OTherwise if your going just to chill with friends its no different than going to a team practice. Post the details of the camp if possible and I would give my opinion, not that it really matters :p

8. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Id go for camp, unless your teammates are jack @sses youll have fun. I know I always love my cross country camps and its always fun.

9. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Camp no questions asked.

You will strengthen friendships, create lifelong memories, and possibly lifelong friends. Perhaps one of your friends will bring a 360 to camp that you all can play, and or you will find a new friend that has a360 that you can use from time to time ;) .

Fun in real life, with real people should always rule over video friends / fun.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'd also go with camp. Good luck either way, though! :)

11. CompUser Guest

I hate camps. I go to a soccer one every year and it is always sooo hot. I went to a lacrosse one last year.

It just gets sooooo hot, sooo tiring, and soooo boring after the first day.

The best part of camp is when your not playing the sport :)

12. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

some of my best friendships were made at camp. Can't say that about an x-box.

13. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Get the X Box. You can make friends online via X Box Live. Then you'll be just like many of the people that post incessantly on MacRumors. On second thought, go to camp.

14. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

15. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

hey! you copied my location! :mad: haha. Its ok.