camping out for wii, "big 12/17"

Discussion in 'Games' started by afornander, Dec 16, 2006.

1. afornander macrumors 6502

i just wanted to see if anybody here is going to camp out tonight for the wii on sunday. if you are, please state your place and time.

personaly, i will be going to a target, my mom actually works their, and she is going to be checking for lines in front every half an hour or so... i might just try to get their at 12:00am;)

2. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

in pittsburgh, people have been there since 1400 15DEC (best buy)

3. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Thats madness. I'll probably be going out to my local target at around 2am, I'm going to catch a movie at around 11:30 and then head over.

4. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

well, the local gamestop is getting in 5 tonight, and they open @ 10am. I found out about this at 3 in the afternoon today, and nobody was in line yet. i was prepared to home, get the lawnchair and tent, but then i remembered....i dont have enough money!!!! damnit.

5. grockk macrumors 6502

grockk

i'm still looking for wiimotes annd nunchucks. They are just as hard to come by out here.

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Strange. FWIW Target stores around me had both in decent quantities Thurs. and Friday.

Good luck to anyone who signed up for Amazon's random drawing for Tuesday. (Just expired).

EDIT: Looks like the final odds at Amazon are 13:1. Not bad.

B

7. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Heading out right now, I'll get there at about 1:45 AM. Near sacramento,ca- Target. Two people have been in line since 8 PM. Finals Tuesday, I better get things a movin'

Wish me luck! Good luck to yall! WII POWER!!!

8. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

That sucks! My car's in the shop so I'm going via taxi w/ a blanket and water. HARDCORE GAMER STYLE :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

9. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

I just got back from picking up my 3rd Wii. I arrived at Best Buy at 12:30am and was number 9 of 24. By the time they handed out tickets at 7:15am there were well over 100 people in line. Good night folks, it's ben a long night. :cool:

10. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I'm lazy. :D I got up at 6 and went searching around town. I was number 13 at one GameStop, they had 12. :mad: Then I saw my friend who had already went around at 4 and he told me every place was done. Too bad, guess I'll have to wait until after new years. :(

11. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I assume you're giving them to friends and family and all that jazz.

12. Kevin83165 macrumors regular

Wow, I walked in on release day and got my Wii at Target. I feel blessed :)

13. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I got one left home at 4:00 am got to toys r us at 4:35. Was 20th in line out of 24 wii's. I guess the early nerd gets the wii =p

14. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

I got mine at launch, but my wife's Mom wanted to get one for her other kid. Got up at 3am and went to the Best Buy since they claimed they'd get 49 when she called yesterday. The Targets and Wal-Marts only claimed about 10.

Anyway, they actually had 12, even though the manager had come out and said they had 49. I guess Best Buy had a little situation when they couldn't even hit their claimed number. She didn't get one. I felt bad.

15. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

I got mine today at Target after getting in line a little after 4 a.m.- 11th of 15! Now if I can just find some more controllers... ;)

16. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

INSANE!?!?!

I went to Target at 5am on release day and tickets were handed out at 7am. My gf and I were 76 and 77 in line. We got one with minimal waiting...I was so happy.

I havent played video games in ages and I just had to buy this system....It is simply awesome. It's the ULTIMATE PARTY CONSOLE!

I think everyon is thinking the same thing...hence they are in such High Demand.

17. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

what best buy?

18. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

The first one was for my kids for christmas, second was for my little brother for christmas, third is for me. :D

19. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Hey man, i was just over there! i went into target and looked around for a bit. but i was gonna camp out @ gamestop on auburn blvd

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Well, so much for my snide aside. :eek:

21. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

i got up at 7:30, couldve been the 3rd in line at EB Games but went to check target first. then i came back and was 20th in line. i blew it. ended up getting 6 in at EB games, was #9 in line at babbages and they only got 6 in. so i wasted an entire sunday morning. i guess i wont get one till after christmas now.

i am new at this game of waiting in line.

22. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

i need a classic controller.

23. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Hey, I have a classic controller brand new that I'm not going to use or open so I was planning on taking it back. Let me know if you want it.

24. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I gave it one last try this morning for my nephews. I went by Target and Best Buy at 4am and there were people camped out....the lines were as long as the original launch day....so I didn't stick around.

Here's to hoping Amazon will draw me or my wife as buyers on Tuesday :)