Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to be camping out or pre-ordering?

• Camping out

Votes: 15 7.5%
  • Pre-ordering for sure! =)

Votes: 138 68.7%
  • I'm waiting on the iPhone 7...

Votes: 47 23.4%
  • Other option that's not listed here.

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You do realize that preorders always run out with the first few minutes.
Yeah, and then I wait a couple of more weeks - no big deal. I mean what will the iPhone 6s do that that iPhone 6 or the iPhone 5s won't do?

Push comes to shove, waiting is not a bad thing ;)

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Yeah, and then I wait a couple of more weeks - no big deal. I mean what will the iPhone 6s do that that iPhone 6 or the iPhone 5s won't do?

Push comes to shove, waiting is not a bad thing ;)

Those that choose to line up have made a personal choice. Perhaps some find it to be fun.

Reactions: AJsAWiz

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

You do realise that if you're quick enough and especially if you use the App store app you can get one on launch day every time. I've preordered my iPhones and iPads online every year for the past few years and every time I have got them on launch day.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
You do realise that if you're quick enough and especially if you use the App store app you can get one on launch day every time. I've preordered my iPhones and iPads online every year for the past few years and every time I have got them on launch day.

Are you saying that every single person that wants to preorder can be quick enough? That's not possible. Some people will loose out. Fact. Everyone who wants a preorder won't get one. I tried last year and didn't.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Camping out is silly and pointless in my opinion not to mention a waste of time. I much rather preorder online as soon as preorders go up and have the phone delivered.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Are you saying that every single person that wants to preorder can be quick enough? That's not possible. Some people will loose out. Fact. Everyone who wants a preorder won't get one. I tried last year and didn't.

You obviously weren't quick enough. Camping out and standing in line is in no way a better guarantee of getting at launch anyway.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
You obviously weren't quick enough. Camping out and standing in line is in no way a better guarantee of getting at launch anyway.

I was not quick enough. Like I said preorders run out and everyone can't get one. As long as I am in the first 30 to get in line I'll bet it's guaranteed. Last year even those that were 100 got the phone.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Why would you pre-order. you work at AT&T!!! :):):):):):):):)

I work at best buy mobile and they don't let us pre-order, customers come first, and we have concession lines so it's almost impossible to pre-order. It's prolly the same with att employees. I'm preordering thru apple cuz I'm paying full price.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I was not quick enough. Like I said preorders run out and everyone can't get one. As long as I am in the first 30 to get in line I'll bet it's guaranteed. Last year even those that were 100 got the phone.

Standing in line is never a guarantee. It all depends on which store, how much supply they get of each model and which model you want. Not to mention if you want to be in the first 30 or 100 you would likely have to get in line pretty early. No thanks. I will take my chance preordering online. I most likely will get one on launch day and even if I don't I rather wait a few more days or even weeks then have to stand in line several hours or more likely a day or two.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Standing in line is never a guarantee. It all depends on which store, how much supply they get of each model and which model you want. Not to mention if you want to be in the first 30 or 100 you would likely have to get in line pretty early. No thanks. I will take my chance preordering online. I most likely will get one on launch day and even if I don't I rather wait a few more days or even weeks then have to stand in line several hours or more likely a day or two.
Last year I was there at noon. It was no sweat off my back. I had the time. Plus someone offered me $100 bucks to get them a phone since I could get two and only needed one.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Last year I was there at noon. It was no sweat off my back. I had the time. Plus someone offered me $100 bucks to get them a phone since I could get two and only needed one.

Good for you. Not everyone has the time or wants to waste the time. Also most people don't have the opportunity to earn money by buying a phone on someones behalf. If you want to camp out that's up to you. Personally I have no intention of doing so.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Good for you. Not everyone has the time or wants to waste the time. Also most people don't have the opportunity to earn money by buying a phone on someones behalf. If you want to camp out that's up to you. Personally I have no intention of doing so.
Please what's your point? Nobody is asking you to camp out. It's like you have a grudge against those who do.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Please what's your point? Nobody is asking you to camp out. It's like you have a grudge against those who do.

I've already made my point. If you don't understand it there's not much I can do. And where did you get this notion of a grudge. I'm just expressing my opinion which I'm entitled to do so just like you. No need to get so uptight. If people want to camp that's their choice but it's not worth it in my opinion.

8rlee8

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013

Last year I preordered 3 hours after they went live and got my iPhone delivered to me on launch day. Not everyone is that lucky. But they don't run out of stock within minutes.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Last year I preordered 3 hours after they went live and got my iPhone delivered to me on launch day. Not everyone is that lucky. But they don't run out of stock within minutes.

Actually last year they did, for launch day delivery.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I will camp outside an AT&T store if AT&T still allows me to upgrade via 2-year contract. I will ask AT&T rep the week of the launch.

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
I'll be there outside an apple store. Melbourne, Australia. First country to get it lol

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013

They did of the plus models. You could order the 6 up to even a few days later. And the number of rose golds they'll have at launch will be less than 10 because of "manufacturing difficulties" hmm right...

Reactions: 5105973

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
They did of the plus models. You could order the 6 up to even a few days later. And the number of rose golds they'll have at launch will be less than 10 because of "manufacturing difficulties" hmm right...
I wanted the plus models but Apple sold out within minutes. Only availability was a month away.

8rlee8

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013

Last year it was a Plus model that I preordered 3 hours after and still got it on launch day. But apparently not everyone is that lucky.

MaxwellEdison

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2010
Unless they are releasing it simultaneously in China, I'm not going out here in New England,, not after last year. Since the 6/6+ did not get released in China for weeks after USA, the line was 10 times the length of the 5S line and almost all Chinese people buying to ship overseas.

If it's more like the 4S and 5S, I'd got out at 5am and wait. After waiting over 16 hours last time, I think I'll pre-order.

Reactions: hovscorpion12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.