Can a iPad2 copy from usb flash drive

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by ant2009, May 6, 2011.

1. macrumors member

Oct 24, 2010

Before I purchase my iPad2. I am just wondering can I copy files to it using a USD flash drive?

I know that the iPad2 doesn't have a usb port. I am just wondering if there any adapter that can be plugged in so that I can copy my files across?

Many thanks for any suggestions,
  2. macrumors 601

Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    There is not, unfortunately. You have to copy any music, pictures, videos or apps through a computer.
  3. macrumors 68030

Jun 19, 2010
    Ft Lauderdale
    use perfect getting stuff in and out
  4. macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2010
    Yep... I do this on the iPhone all the time. Works great!
  5. thread starter macrumors member

Oct 24, 2010

I was thinking that dropbox was the only answer. The only problem is that the files are very large 300+MB. Its just so inconverient that I would have to use a computer to upload the files, then download them again on my the iPad.

6. macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2010
    Some pictures and videos can be transferred to the iPad using the Camera Connection Kit. Once the iPad 2 is jailbroken I *think* you can use iFile in conjunction with the CCK. I didn't have the CCK when I had my jailbroken iPad 1.
  7. macrumors newbie

May 12, 2011
    Camera Kit - the useless thing

Purchased the camera kit in hope it would be useful with ipad2. So far it is a waste. Tried with any of my usb drives - to no availl. Not recognized!
    Despite FAT32, despite DCIM folder etc. Waiting for jailbreak...

So far installed Connectify (WiFi router) and Mangoose (one file http server) on my PC - so I can at least view a collection of photos from the PC. When I have a time - will write an html "wrapper" for it so I can browse the photos from my PC in a nice way.
  8. macrumors newbie

Apr 24, 2008
    I assume you mean video files if they are that large in size. In any case, music is easy enough to sync through iTunes but yeah that you'd likely have to u/l.. Large PDFs I wirelessly send through Goodreader off my storage HDD or USB.

You can wirelessly play video files on an HDD backup or USB drive connected to your computer (without having to u/l the file) and then either watch it or convert->save the video to the iPad. Air video is pretty darnn cheap at $3.
  9. macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2010