Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Hi,

My current CS5 cannot do that. Is CS6 able to do that?

Thanks,
Sedak

I am running 10.9.3 OS X and CS6 Photoshop & Illustrator are the only programs that can be run in full screen as far as I know. Just go to right of full screen and your workspace will appear. I have the Master Collection CS6 and have looked at all the programs. Not available for any of the others.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 3.46.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-15 at 3.46.58 PM.png
    338.4 KB · Views: 3,558
Last edited:

dan1eln1el5en

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
Copenhagen, Denmark
it's "just" fullscreen. it's not like the OS X GUI where it gets a dedicated fullscreen window.

I usually create a new desktop then move photoshop over in that window and then enter fullscreen mode. this does not hinder other applications in opening in the same "work space" as with other OS X full screen apps/modes.

(this goes from CS6 and onwards including CC)

Sedak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Czech Republic, Brno
Thank you guys! Now I know the specific tricks. Most funny is the "fullscreen" mode in IN - it serves for read only, you cannot type :) So funny compared to Apple implementation in e.g.. Pages.

MartinAppleGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2013
Adobe has never been one to follow Mac UI conventions.

One of the many reasons I am very happy to use Pixelmator instead. When spending a LOT of money on a software suite, I expect it to work and fit in with all other apps on the OS. Lack of consistency just makes Adobe look lazy.

james948

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2004
One of the many reasons I am very happy to use Pixelmator instead. When spending a LOT of money on a software suite, I expect it to work and fit in with all other apps on the OS. Lack of consistency just makes Adobe look lazy.
Exactly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.