Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lintrix

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Don't use officialiphoneunlock... they say they will do it under 6 hours, yet its been over a day now and It's still not done.

At least the eBay sellers will actually do it in a couple hours and is relatively cheaper.

Never going wth officialiphoneunlock again.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Don't use officialiphoneunlock... they say they will do it under 6 hours, yet its been over a day now and It's still not done.

At least the eBay sellers will actually do it in a couple hours and is relatively cheaper.

Never going wth officialiphoneunlock again.

Wow, really cant wait a day or so?
I know some do it wthin hours but really that much of a hurry?
And you know usually over the weekend most dont do unlocks, have to wait during weekdays.
You will be fine if it takes longer than 6 hours.

Lintrix

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2009
Wow, really cant wait a day or so?
I know some do it wthin hours but really that much of a hurry?
And you know usually over the weekend most dont do unlocks, have to wait during weekdays.
You will be fine if it takes longer than 6 hours.

Not when they say it will be done under 6 hours and I am paying a premium over the eBay resellers that do it in under 2 hours (over the weekend even). I fully expect them to stick to their word.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Not when they say it will be done under 6 hours and I am paying a premium over the eBay resellers that do it in under 2 hours (over the weekend even). I fully expect them to stick to their word.

I would never pay a premium or more money to have it done in under 6 hours or pay $15 to wait a day like others.
I guess you can ask for a discount or refund.
Something like dominos, under 30 minutes or pizza is free:D

Last edited:

milan03

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
New York City
There is absolutely no way that the "carrier can lock back" your unlocked device. It's white listed by Apple in their database and carrier has nothing to do with it once unlocked. I used ***** on Friday morning launch day, and got it unlocked within 45mins. Using T-Mobile's SIM as well as AT&T. Couldn't be happier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.