Can anyone explain this?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by ilben77, Jun 3, 2003.

1. ilben77 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My 12" PB displayed somthing very weird today when I woke it up from sleepmode (opening the lid). The desktop was totally screwed up and the only solution to resolve the problem was a reboot. Ive made some screen caps before restarting it.
    In the 4 months I've owned it this is the second time this has happened. The previous time was something like 2 moths ago...
    Has anyone else also wittnessed this very odd problem of their pb not waking up properly? What is happening?

2. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

It happens to me in Windows all the time. Was the image static? If so, probobly just the OS, and it needed a reboot. If it was moving, it may be a hardware issue.

Search the support knowledge base, they may have something on it.

EDIT: Next time, you may want to put this into the "Mac Help" section.

3. ilben77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I relealized putting it in the help section after posting it...

but to answer your question the reacted to mouse movements, just kept making all kinds of weird patterns as i moved the mouse...

4. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Hmm. Is it a stock 12", or have you messed with it? If it's stock, get it looked at. Otherwise try removing whatever you messed with and seeing if the issue comes back.

Have you dropped it, had things fall on it, taken it apart, baked it, etc.?

intended link for baked: http://homepage.mac.com/aaronsteele/PhotoAlbum6.html

5. ilben77 thread starter macrumors newbie

It was stock, only had the ram maxed out in the store, it always worked without any problems. never dropped it or something like that.
    Like I said its only the second time in four months that this happened, and after a reboot everything is fine.
    Guess there are not many people who have also experienced this... Strange, i think i will have it checked out if it comes back again.

6. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Definitely have it looked at.

If it isn't a hardware fault (with the machine) it could be a dodgy stick of RAM, did you get the RAM from Apple for a third party? Perhaps try removing or replacing the RAM, but since this has happened so infrequently this may not be the best test.

If you have an AP extreme card try removing then reinserting, but I haven't heard of an AP card causing this kind of problem before.

An fresh OS install wouldn't hurt either. In the end it would be best to have an expert look at it.

7. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

i've seen this alot in Windows but never on a Mac in all my years. weird. my girlfriends HP used to do this nightly, usually when using Photoshop for some reason.

8. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

I got that after using a screensaver for a desktop sometimes, or with X-Plane and resolutions too large for it.

9. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

This may or may not be helpfull, but on my PC laptop that would happen on occasion, and it turned out to be a driver issue. If you take it to the store to get looked at, backup all your data and prefs first. They may end up doing a re-install of the OS.

10. ilben77 thread starter macrumors newbie

everybody thanx for their input.
    it seems ok (for) now....