Can anyone figure out what this guy's going on about?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Nermal, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
  2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Jul 17, 2004
  3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    You mean this isn't some kind of New Zealand slang? ;)
  4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Sep 22, 2004
    Probably not, because then it would read something like ...

"Oi caan't foind a box te chick on disktop x soying tuck he ta load objicts/wudgits on staatup moi bloinds tloads moi blick unterfoice but thet ut and does inyone know of a program utha then avedisk thet does tha soime thung?"
  5. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    Secret Moon base
    I think he is saying his spellchecker is not working. ;)
  6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Aug 12, 2003
    At home
    I don't know what he is on about and I don't know why you posted it.
  7. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    A local forum.

Well I can't read it either! :eek:

Just be thankful I don't write my posts like that ;)

Aha! That might be it :D

To see whether anyone could decipher it for me. Duh!
  8. telecomm macrumors 65816

Nov 30, 2003
    How about this:

"I can't find a checkbox in OS X that would allow me to load objects/widgets on startup, am I just blind? It does load my black interface [?], but that's it. Also, does anyone know of a program other than Avedesk [which seems to be Windows only] that does the same thing?"
  9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Okay, so this thread is giving me a headache, but what's wrong with launching them as startup items from the accounts settings in system preferences?

Oh, and are you talking about Konfabulator, or Tiger, or...?
  10. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Its a Windows package called Desktop X. Its part of a suite of products called Object Desktop from StarDock Which also includes a product called Window Blinds which is another clue since they are talking about "blinds"

They are pretty powerful utilities. So much so that if you spend enough time using them you can tweak your Windows system to look like an OS X system that I've fooled Mac users into thinking I'm running OS X. The problem? It integrates into Windows at such a low level that unless you are running the latest and greatest hardware and esp video card its going to kill your system's speed. That and there is the bug factor. Something that does that much tweaking to Windows makes the system inherently unstable. Not crash prone mind you but more like video glitches. Also running these tools while you are gaming is, suffice it to say, a BAD thing. I have seen BSODs because object desktop and the game “fight” for the video card. All of this is based on how well the end user "programs" the theme. Object Desktop is very much like a programming lang in some ways. If a developer of a theme doesn't do a good job it can effect every aspect of your system from speed ot video glitches to crashed Object Desktop apps. If this desc has made you wonder why the hell would anyone want to use this software the answer is:
    1. For people like me who didn't know any better to begin with but learned fast.
    2. For people with uber systems who can handle the load.
  11. paxtonandrew macrumors 6502

May 10, 2004
    I Come From A Land Down Under
    Thet's veery good mete, just remember ew Kiwi's can't speek like us Aussies!
  12. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    They can, but it's a bit of a Strine.