Can anyone get this site to work?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nermal, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm trying to listen to this streaming radio station but can't get it to work. Could someone else please try it, and if you get it going, post back with which browser you're using and (if applicable) which browser it's spoofing.

Thanks! :)

2. Devie macrumors 6502a

Works fine for me, FireFox 1.0 on Windoze XP.

3. BeoVir macrumors member

Good luck. Once a website decides to go down the dark path of WMP technology there is no easy (possibly no possible) way of getting the content to work on your mac.

4. moot macrumors regular

A quick check, but i can seem to listen to the "Listen Live" stream. I am on an iBook using good old Safari.

However it does come up with an message from the station that says, "
    Oh No! - Don't you hate technology sometimes! We have detected that you are a Mac user and you are using an Internet Explorer web browser under version 5.0. The ZM Radio Player uses the Microsoft Windows Media Player technology. There is a known problem between Internet Explorer browsers under version 5.0 and Windows Media Player 6.4 and above on Macs which will crash your computer. To avoid this problem, you will need to upgrade your browser to 5.0 or above - click here to visit the Microsoft website to upgrade your browser now."

However, live music comes out of my speakers so something seems to be happenning. :confused:

5. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I never actually put my headphones on to try it - I just believed the error message. I didn't seem to get any music, but I did a View Source (why didn't I think of that before?) and copied the link into WiMP. However it's only playing at 16 kb/s! :eek: I wonder why, my WiMP has the connection speed set to ISDN/DSL/Cable :confused: (I have 2 Mb/s DSL)

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I have your experience. The site's webmaster is more like a "webapprentice" as the site cannot distinguish between Camino and an old version of Internet Explorer or in your case, Safari and Internet Explorer.