Can anyone get wix.com working on their Mac?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by niuniu, Apr 2, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Wix.com is the Flash web template site. I wanted to give it a whirl today to see what it was like, but the buttons to Upload pictures from my computer don't appear when trying to edit images. Is the site just not Mac compatible or?

2. macrumors 65816

adamvk

No, it is compatible. I would try using a different browser maybe.

My website used to be 100% flash with Wix until Apple decided they didn't like flash. I had no problems with Wix using Safari on my Mac.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Alright thanks, I'll have a shot at Safari now. I tried Chrome and Firefox before and the Upload buttons didn't show..

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Tried it on Safari. Still don't see the Upload buttons when I go to'My' to upload pictures from the computer. Is alright.. back to Joomla with me :D

5. macrumors newbie

Problems with Flash

In regards to the comment that Apple doesn't like Flash. It's annoyingly absolutely true and has such a large affect on Wix as it means you cant view on devices such as the iPhone and iPad. So when I found this out, I switched from wi to http://www.cubender.com/#/ because its a flash website builder AND its HTML compatible. Plus it has a similar functionality to Wix, though less templates. At least Ill know im better covered online once I publish.