Can anyone help? (copying iPod music to PC)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by podpodpod, Sep 20, 2005.

1. podpodpod macrumors newbie

My ipod is old and full, and I'm worried its going to die. I want to put all my music from it onto my pc at home incase I lose it all. I normally use my ibook for doing ipoddy stuff but I can't get internet connection on that so I won't be able to transfer songs from ipod onto itunes, right? Or not? Does anyone know if there is there any way of getting an new pc to recognise a old ipod without having to re-programme the whole thing and wipe all my music?
    Thank you!

2. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

1: what computer do you sync to? all the music will be on that.

2: i have never needed an internet connection to sync my ipod.

you can copy your music folder to you ipod in a folder a la hard drive (disk mode), and transfer that way. make sure you click no when itunes windows wants to sync music to it.

tastic

3. JustinCaseiMac macrumors newbie

download Podrip
    that will fix you right up

4. podpodpod thread starter macrumors newbie

I sync to my ibook, but the memory on that's filled up so quickly I've had to delete a lot of songs from itunes. So they're just on the pod. I thought my pc would be a good place to keep all the music I can't fit on the ibook but it keep ont elling to to update my ipod and clear all the music. Is this macopener thing I've heard about what I'm looking for do you reckon? Or is there another way....

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

On your PC, enable showing of hidden files, then drag the hidden folder (I think it's called iPod_Control) from your iPod to your hard drive.

6. podpodpod thread starter macrumors newbie

Hopw do I enable hidden files?

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Tools > Folder Options. You can see the "Hidden files and folders" option in the list.

Attached Files: