Can anyone help me get Iroffer(IRC DCC Program) to work on Tiger?

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Archmagination, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Archmagination macrumors regular

I am trying to find a way to share a bunch of files on IRC.. I can't find any fserv scripts that work good(more on that later) I was looking around trying find a good DCC/FServ program and somebody suggested Iroffer I tried building it using terminal, but I can't seem to get it working.. They say Iroffer is compatible with OS X and OS X Server, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get this program running. Can anyone help?

Whats up with there being no decent fserv for the Mac.. All fserv's I have found use the trigger: !(nickname)(file name to send), can't control how many files you send, no DCC resume, only one had max sends, none had max queues, and not a single !(nickname)(file name to send) showed up when !list was used!! I wish there was a script for mac like Sysreset(the best fserv script ever.. but its for Wincrap!!) I would love to have a fserv that could do:/ctcp (nickname)(whatever the user wants), max sends, max queues, define shared folders, DCC Resume, shows the trigger with max sends, max queues when !list command is used. A huge plus would be to put it in a GUI. I would love to have something like that, but I don't know how to program(I learned a little Visual Basic, RealBasic and C, but that was years ago and I have forgotten most of it(I am planning on learning Cocoa though).. anyway I am hoping some of you nice programmers would help me out with this?

2. outerspaceapple macrumors regular

outerspaceapple

First off.. Did you read the readme?

Mkay, so no serious IRC programmers run macs, that pretty much sums it up.

Now on to making it work. Basically that was the source code you were seeing there. I've compiled it for you and will give you a brief summary of how to make it work.

Basically you need to start iroffer by opening the terminal and navigating to the folder that contains it (iroffer1.3.b10) then issuing the command "./iroffer [-vc] [-bdkns] [-u user] [-t dir] configfile [ configfile ... ]" where everything in brackets is optional except the "configfile" which needs to be replaced with the name of your configuration file (probably called sample.config).

Just to get it running type "./iroffer sample.config" without quotes.

again, you need to read through and edit "sample.config" with whatever settings you use (server, channel, password, username, etc). READ CAREFULLY.

Pretty much that should do it... be careful?

Also, bittorrent is better ;-)

Download my precompiled version here http://wm.illusionfxnet.com/downloads/iroffer1.3.b10-precompiled.zip

3. Archmagination thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks you helped me out alot. I did read the readme and tried following it.. but I couldn't get it to work. Okay just ran into a little problem with the adminpassword part.. how the heck do you do that part? whats "-c" flag?
    Remote commands can only be issued by a nick with a matching hostmask ###
    ### and knows the adminpass Remote commands are issued by dcc chat or by ###
    ### /msg nickDCC admin 'adminpass' 'command' adminhost's are full ###
    ### hostmasks: nick!user@host don't forget a "~" if you don't use identd ###
    ### wild cards are: ###
    ### * = 0 or more characters, ? = 1 character, # = any positive integer ###
    ### For security, your adminpass must be stored in the config file ###
    ### encrypted. To generate an encrypted password run iroffer with the ###
    ### "-c" flag and follow the instructions.

4. outerspaceapple macrumors regular

outerspaceapple

Well I believe that you only need to worry about that if you want to setup remote administration through IRC. If you do want to get remote admin priviledges, navigate to iroffer in a Terminal session and...

./iroffer -c

Follow the directions you see onscreen. Basically you give it the password you want to encrypt, and then copy the resulting hash to the config file in the appropriate place. For instance, if you wanted the password "me123" just punch that into the program, and the resulting encrypted password would be "IU34sINnmtgzg".

This does NOT mean that you have to type in "IU34sINnmtgzg" as the password to get remote admin priviledges, it simply prevents any outsiders from hacking in and getting your pass. The actual admin pass would be "me123".

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

5. e2xo macrumors newbie

outerspace apple

do you still have that pre-compiled version? im struggling to make iroffer work using osx 10.5.8. thanks in advance