Can anyone help me with a video mixer?

Discussion in 'Community' started by hotwire132002, Sep 30, 2004.

1. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

I just bought a Panasonic WJ-MX20 video mixer from my local access station. The problem is, I didn't get a manual and can't quite figure how to work the thing. It was used for a TV production class, and as such, the students have some pretty weird settings that I can't quite figure out how to remove. Does anyone know a)where to find a manual online or b)how to reset one of these mixers to factory defaults?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Could you be more specific with the settings in question? I have never used that mixer, but used to use a Videonics mixer which is pretty similar...perhaps I can help, if I know the problem...

*EDIT* - is there a "set-up" button? A "shift" button? If so (or something reasonably similar), then turn off the mixer, hold down both buttons until you see a message on your monitor (so have a monitor connected). works for Videonics...

3. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Well, I figured out one thing (how to switch from wipe to dissolve--just hit the wipe button again. So simple--D'OH!) My other question might be just as easy. Here goes: When I do any transition, I start on one source, call it A. As the transition starts, it cuts to the other source, call it B. It then fades from B to A, and cuts back to B. Any idea how to make it fade from A to B, no cuts? It seems like some setting is reversed, but I can't figure it out :confused:

EDIT: I figured it out--I only had a preview monitor connected. If I connect an output monitor, all is fixed. Again I say D'OH!

All figured out :D

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, glad you got it figured out. Even so:

I managed to get to this page at Panasonic's support web site to get the manual...but apparently the links are non-functional. See the blue "WJMX20" at the right? That's supposed to be the link to download the manual, but it doesn't work. You might want to e-mail Panny directly and tell 'em that.

Barring that, this guy also appears to have the manual available, though he requests a charitable donation for it. (Go all the way to the bottom of the page.)

5. hotwire132002 thread starter macrumors 65816

hotwire132002

Thanks for the advice. I found the second link in a Google search, but I'm a little tapped out in the way of cash right now, so I guess I'll go without a manual. I figured this much out, I think I can figure anything else that comes up about the switcher out too ! :)