Can anyone help me with an application letter

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by elisha cuthbert, Aug 17, 2006.

1. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Feb 25, 2006
    Ok so my school is offering house captain and school prefect positions and I am just wondering what I can say in my letter of application?
    need help quickly this is ment to be handed in tomorrow and I was only given it today
    thanks in advance
  2. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2005
    Made me think of Harry Potter. And makes me snort in laughter that I would even think of Harry Potter.

I'm not familiar with what your application should focus on. However, the premises for writing strong applications remains the same - what you write should be applicable. (No pun intended.)

For example, in a scholarship application, many people make the mistake of writing about how great they are, and stopping there. They don't go further to explain why their great qualities make them deserving of the scholarship or make them the type of person the fund would like to bestow a scholarship upon.
  3. dernhelm macrumors 68000

May 20, 2002
    middle earth
    Be specific. Write separate letters of application for each position. Identify particular things that you have done in the past (or experiences you have had) that relate to the position you are applying for. List places you have worked at (or volunteered at) where you had to demonstrate skills that would help you in the position. Give them an idea why you would want the job in the first place.

Be exhuberant! They are most likely looking for someone who sounds like they'd really enjoy the work - or at least that it would apply to a future goal that you have.

Good luck!
  4. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Aug 15, 2006
    The Rainbow Nation RSA
    Write whatever you want, just slip a blank cheque in with the letter when you hand it in. lol