can anyone here figure this out?

Discussion in 'Community' started by mgargan1, May 28, 2005.

1. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

2. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Here's my solution (select it to view). I'd suggest not reading it all at once, so that you can try to figure out most of it on your own.

1. Click the switch on the top of the castle, to turn on the light. Click on the head of the light so that it shines on the pile of balls.
    2. Click on the bird, which will pick up one of the balls. Click the first cloud as the bird approaches it, so that the bird drops the ball and destroys the device below it.
    3. Repeat step 2, but with the second cloud instead the first, so that a ball falls into the catapult.
    4. Click on the sign next to the person on the right so that it changes to a green arrow. Click on the flap next to the sign so that it opens.
    5. Click the yellow arrow below the sign so that the person (who I'll refer to as person A in future steps) falls through the flap. Then click the sign again to change it back to a red circle.
    6. Click on the bomb crate next to the stairs. Person A will react by throwing the bomb upwards. As the person starts to throw the bomb, click the yellow arrow below the sign, so that the bomb is blown towards the house (this step may take several attempts to get the timing right).
    7. Click the pink plank above the bomb crate three times so that it falls.
    8. Click person A so that he walks into the house.
    9. Underground, there are two small circles. Click the switch between them and the circle on the right will light up. Then click the arrow on the right of this circle, which start a motor under the stairs.
    10. Click the stairs to move them to the right.
    11. Click the doorbell so that person A comes out and climbs up to the catapult.
    12. Click the left cloud twice, so that it explodes. Immediately after this, click person A, so that the ball flies through the flames from the explosion, is set alight, destroys the flag, and blows up a mine inside the castle.
    13. Click the highest person in the castle (person B), so that he falls down two levels (do not click him again yet).
    14. This step is tricky, and if not timed correctly you'll have to start again. Click on the flap at the top left of the castle so that a person (person C) and a moth come out. When the moth circles around person C's head on the next level down, click the fan nearby (the grey rectangle in the tall white wall), which will cause the moth to go through the fan and distract the person (person D) on the other side. As person D is being distracted, click person B so that he walks under the crate hanging from a string.
    15. Now click on person D so that the crate is dropped, and a fish falls out.
    16. Click on person B so that the fish falls into the water.
    17. Click on person C so that he falls down to a switch.
    18. Click the grey arrow below the switch, then click person C to turn on the current in the water, so that the fish is caught on the rod (if you do this in the other order, the fish will be forced off the left of the screen and you'll need to start again).
    19. Turn the current off by clicking on person C again, then click on the fisherman, who will eat the fish, then bounce up to the top of the castle.
    20. Click the fisherman again, so that he lights the first torch.
    21. Change the sign on the right back to a green arrow, then click the yellow arrow beneath it to move person A into the house.
    22. Click on the house's window so that the green blob falls.
    23. Turn the current in the water back on.
    24. Click on the green blob, so that it moves to the left, and (due to the current), falls into the mine and explodes it.
    25. Turn the current off.
    26. Click on the left arrow of the right circle underground, so that the motor under the stairs starts turning anticlockwise.
    27. Click the stairs to move them against the crate.
    28. Click the doorbell so that person A comes out. Click the crate as he walks onto it, and he will fall into it. A car will come out. As it enters the water, click the yellow gate between the two shades of water, so that the car passes through. Person A will climb out at the stairs and light the second torch.
    29. Click the two switches under the underground torches.
    30. You win

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Thanks very much HexMonkey. After three hours, I can finally get back to my assignments. :D

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

cool game.
    It looks really nice!

I kept killing the stupid bird in the clouds though, :(

5. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

That was wicked awesome. It was so satisfying to finally finish it:)

6. mgargan1 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgargan1

yea, i finally got it. I just needed help on one part. It was quite satasfying finishing it too!

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Didn't really see the rhyme or reason to the game. The only thing that was interesting was the explosions and earthquakes. :eek:

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

wdlove, I don't think there was any real reason to the game other than the "satisfaction of getting a puzzle out" feeling. I thought it was pretty cool.

9. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

My already high admiration of hexmonkey was raised by the solution he provided. I thought I would just pull the game up to take a look... and I followed the solution given and still had trouble! :eek: I finally quit when I missed the butterfly with the fan and had to start over. I can't imagine just trying to figure it out without a guide!

How long did it take you hexmonkey?

I've never been much of a gamer though... my kids worked their way through Myst and Riven... while I looked over their shoulders. :rolleyes:

Woof, Woof - Dawg

10. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Thanks MacDawg! It took me 2-3 hours to figure out. Admittedly the original took me longer, but I found this one easier since I knew what kind of things I needed to do.