Can anyone link me to a guide for rom/emulator setup?

Discussion in 'Games' started by onthat, Apr 21, 2006.

1. onthat macrumors regular

onthat

just wondering if someone can provide a link, I'm using SNES9X to play Megaman X3 and want to create a shortcut on the dock.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Drag the SNES9x icon to the dock.

Just making sure you know, but downloading roms is illegal, so don't ask for rom sites.

3. onthat thread starter macrumors regular

onthat

I obtained the Rom by legal means...I think. My co-worker has some sort of hardware that he uses to transfer the data on the game cassette to a file type that can be read by SNES9X. He gave me a CD and I handled it from their. However, I myself, do not own an original cassette.

I figured it out last night, I had to unzip the SNES9X file and make it an active application. Then I deleted all the crap that came with it and dragged it to the dock. I opened the MegaManX3 file and placed it in my documents folder, because apparently that's the first place the emulator looks for it's media? Anycrap, it works fine now...sorry if I've wasted anyone's time.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    The ROM is illegal if the original copy is not owned by that person. The hardware itself is not illegal.

SNES9x or whatever is pretty good. I've used all kinds of emulators/roms on my modded xbox.

6. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

That page is to be completely, absolutely ignored. Nintendo's just trying to scare off pirates.

Look up ACTUAL backup laws.
    http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-digital.html

He actually has the copier? That's good, that's a legal way to transfer, unfortunately what he did is not quite legal.

To quote:

However, if you rip your own games with that, then you are one of the few people in the world emulating commercial games legally.

I do applaud the fact that you're not using rom sites however and at least trying to find a legal way :)

EDIT: Mind asking him where you can purchase that hardware? I'm using a Flash2Advance cable to do the same thing on my GBA.