Can anyone reccomend an iSync compatible mobile phone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by serralves, Aug 3, 2005.

1. serralves macrumors newbie

serralves

As per title. Anyone had good experiences with a bluetooth mobile and iSync? I currently have a Sony Ericsson K700i which is quite nice, but for the fact that all my iCal entries go into the phone's calender an hour ahead of where they are supposed to be. I find this intensely annoying so as I am due a free upgrade soon, I was wondering what people would reccomend.

Two caveats:
    1. Smaller the better.
    2. UK availibility essential.

2. rtjstevens macrumors regular

New mobile

I have an Ericsson T630 and all seems well with isync (although I do have PocketMac as well).

Bw

RTJ

3. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

crazydreaming

motorola v710? That's what I'm using w/Verizon

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

On your phone. Don't adjust the time setting for daylight saving, just check that option in the advanced(?) time settings. Then iCal and Calendar on your SE should show the same time...

5. nels0360 macrumors member

I agree. I sounds like a time zone problem to me. Check the phone's time settings as mentioned above.

I use my Motorola V3 with iSync and it's been a good experience. The phone has excellent reception & is very thin. Perfect if you carry it around in a pocket.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I found it was the other way around. You have to tell your phone that you're on daylight saving and then the time between the calendar/iCal are right on the SE. At least, I've just done that on my k750 and it's worked - although only for new appointments...

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I meant that it's on the phone you have to do this. Om my good old T68i it's under Settings -> Time and Date -> Advanced -> Daylight Savings -> Then set it to one hour each "summer". Sorry if I was unclear.

My Mac gets it Time settings from time.euro.apple.com, with as little interfering from me as possible... ;)

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Ah... read it the wrong way. And agreed on living with Apple time -my Powerbook is probably the most accurate timepiece in the house!

9. serralves thread starter macrumors newbie

serralves

Thanks for your replies. You were right about my problems with the K700i - I had to jiggle some settings about but I made it sync up properly. Cool. Is the Motorolla V3 the RAZR I keep seeing so many adverts for? I think looks wise this is exactly the phone I want but I'll have to find out how much memory it's got. Still, that said all I keep on my phone are grimy extentialist pictures of trolleys abandoned by the canal in the rain and a nice chunky Autechre mp3 for my ringtone. (A bit Nathan Barley I know...)

10. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

Yes - it's being advertised widely at the moment. I had a look at it in the O2 shop last night since it was one of the 'free' phone options that they gave me for my upgrade. It was actually wider than I thought although very thin. But it was the thought of getting to grips with the Motorola interface that put me off in the end (my sister moaned about hers continually that it was too hard to figure out how to do stuff ) - and the fact that the phone has been out for nearly a year and there are new ones in the offing. What was tempting me was the thought of being able to play AAC iTunes files!

I took the k750 in the end. Mainly because the SE's Bluetooth transfers and iSync has always worked so well on my Mac in the past - and this seems no exception. The better camera and storage also helped. I don't take my pictuers on my phone but on the few occasions that I do, I'd prefer them to look as good as possible!

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Don't get the Moto Razr. Talk about overrated. Horrible....yes, "horrible" UI, and I'm not what most people would consider to be confused over things like this. And yes, I have used other brands before, and I have figured out how to do things for my non-techie friends. The Moto is......understandable, but you really have to try hard, and it's not all that great. The screen is crap, IMO. Your K700i is much better, although it doesn't look or feel durable whatsoever. A bit flimsy, IMO. I had one but lost it last week.

I'd recommend a K750i because it's just like the K700i, but better, which can't be a bad thing. I think it looks better as well. However, the general look is the same, so maybe buying something different (K600i or S710i) would be better. Even a W800i would be good.

12. serralves thread starter macrumors newbie

serralves

Yeah, I'm starting to realise this now. I think I will just update the SE. Especially if I can use the camera to snap pictures of eagles picking up bears catching fish that are eating dragonflies...