Can anyone recommend a DS game?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Jan 17, 2007.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm thinking about buying a game for Nintendo DS. But I'm not sure which one to buy! I like cute games and action as well. I was thinking about Dogz if anyone has played that one. Can anyone make any suggestions?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - actiony. my top game of 2006 I reckon too.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Advanced Wars DS.

Still as good as it was in 2005.

BTW, also as a second choice why not New Super Mario?

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Advance Wars, Metriod Prime Hunter is a good FPS, New Super Mario Brothers, Mario Kart

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

MKDS is definmatly good.

Get Nintendogs if you like cutsy stuff and dogs. I had Dogz for Game Boy Color, but I havn't played the new one. Still, Nintendogs is the best animal game I have played so far. (Believe me, I'm in to cutsy stuff. :))

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Europe didn't get it until 2006?

I'd recommend Hotel Dusk, it's out next week!

9. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I'm currently infatuated with Elite Beat Agents and Yoshi's Island 2. Both very cute. Yoshi's Island is a little more go-at-your-own-pace, while Elite Beat Agents is a more fast-paced game. Both are excellent.

Daniel.

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm surprised nobody's said Animal Crossing yet. I played that for hours. :eek:

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

New Super Mario Bros. Brain Age, TC, P.Wright, C: dawn of sorrows. I can't put MP: hunters on this list being its really boring.

Bless

12. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I haven't played Dogz, but nintendogs is really cute. It's a great way to have people crowd around you and go "wow". Otherwise, Advance Wars is awesome, (still trying to get an S rating on mission 22 though and it's hampering my advacement) and Mario Kart is probably the best Mario Kart ever. (I never got into the SNES version). I also enjoyed Feel the Magic - you can probably find it cheap on the internet, get that if you can.

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow. *droooool* Easilly one of the best games for me in a long time.

MKDS. Absolutely great game.

Here are others I really liked;
    Phoenix Wright
    Tetris DS
    Super Mario Bro
    Trace Memory

I have Children of Mana and MagicStarsign. Both seem like good games, I just haven't had the time to devote to them.

MegaMan ZX is good, but it's a DS afterthought from Capcom. The game is pretty much a GBA game updated last minute. They really have no excuse for this crap, since the game was released almost 2 years after the DS. :rolleyes:

Portrait of Rune is really good, but it took me a while to get into it, since it's not living up to the first one for me. They removed a part that I really liked about the first one.

Anyway, the DS IMO has a higher ration of great games than any other console, so there's pretty much something for everyone.

<]=)

14. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I have played Nintendogz and I didn't really like it (not enough to do! All the cutesy looking games ie Dogz, Tamagotchi have really bad reviews! :(