Can anyone recommend a TV wall mount?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by 87am, Jul 11, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

Hey everyone, so I am interested in getting a wall mount for my 42" LG to clean up the appearance. It would be going in a corner area so I'm thinking a swivel arm would be great. Can anyone recommend anything in particular? I've heard good things about Sanus, but they are pretty expensive. Also, would this be a manageable DIY install with the right tools? Thanks!

2. macrumors 68020

Sanus is a market leader in mounts. I have one in my bedroom install. Love it.

Expensive compared to what? Consider what you're asking a mount to do. To safely hold up a heavy TV for years while staying fast on the wall without sagging or - gods forfend - falling.

3. macrumors 6502

Monoprice.com

Done and done! You can definitely do it yourself (with the help of a friend). All you need is a studfinder, a drill, a tape measure, and a level.

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Another vote for monoprice.

6. macrumors 6502

Re: Monoprice

Don't be fooled by the low prices. These mounts are high-quality. I've used one on my 32" bedroom TV for the last 4 years. While you're at Monoprice, be sure and pick up some HDMI cables, too (also very inexpensive, but good quality).

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Just ordered one from monoprice. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from them in the past and have been very happy, I didn't realize they sound tv mounts.

8. macrumors member

I have purchased several different brackets from www.123brackets.co.uk.

Excellent value and quality is excellent. I have purchased brackets to support 32"-50" TVs and never had a problem. Price is always very good too.

9. macrumors member

I've got two Monoprice mounts, 1 for a 32" another for a 52" both have been up for two years/

They have been through two large SoCal earthquakes and haven't moved a centimeter.

10. macrumors newbie

Wall mounts

Tv Wall mounts for all types of tv's lcds in your town.
    Wall Mounts give a decorative look to your room and
    in variety of sizes and in black color . Its very thin in size.
    Wall mounts

11. macrumors newbie

Waterproof tv

Waterproof tv

Excellent product for the elite and the few

Providing “excellent products for the elite and the few” is the original thought of why we are making waterproof TVs. Think about it, after a long day’s hard work when you are home or after an exhausting journey you are back in the hotel, beside the hot water to wash off the dust from the day, there’s something missing.

12. macrumors 65816

boomhower

I used one of these Cheetah mounts for my bedroom TV and it worked perfectly. Get one that tilts, do not get on that just mounts straight ahead with no movement.

13. macrumors member

Monoprice for the win. I have 2 large and 2 small. 1 large is a corner mount.

14. macrumors member

Another Monoprice.com here too. It extends, swivels and had a great price.

15. macrumors newbie

Another shameless plug for Monoprice....

I've got two.... one for a 42", and one for a 58". Both have been perfect...