Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KameronBriggs

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2010
Somewhere Sunny, California
I have an Apple iPad case, and it's really flimsy and low quality. Not good for what you pay. If you want a Portfolio style case, go for the Marware Eco-Vue... and if you want a case that covers the back, without screen coverage, I'd go for a TPU style case. These can be found for cheap on eBay, but I'd say Griffin Grip Vue is your best bet. Silicone, go for one of iSkin's new cases... it all depends on what you want.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
1. ignore the above post, because the apple case is awesome. It is great quality and has the most function.

2. if you read the hundreds of lengthy reviews in the accesories thread I am sure that you will find a case that fits your needs.

koruki

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2009
New Zealand
I grabbed the Apple iPad case cause it was the most low profile one I could find. I usually dont even use cases with gadgets but got one in case I do need to take it out(don't plan to take it out often). I like how its subtle, people who know about the iPad will know what it is, othesr will just think its a small notepad.

s4ndm4n

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2010
South Chi-Town
Apple case is actually really nice and protects the screen well. However I am anxiously awaiting the iPad cases from Otterbox, especially the Defender, that looks like sheer awesomeness. :cool:

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
I Agree on the apple case. Bet fit, low profile, covers all sides, easy to clean and honestly feels better in the hands.

Shinigami301

Suspended
Jun 5, 2010
cogito, ergo zoom.
+1 for the genuine :apple: case. Mine has been all over the world in the past few weeks (170,000 air miles since May 15), wipe with damp cloth and looks like new.

On a related note, can't imagine ever lugging a laptop around ever again... iPad 3G rocks.

AppleKash

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
South Texas
lol. The Apple iPad case is flimsy! It can BARELY stand on its own. Secondly it's darn near impossible to get the iPad in and out of the case. It's like it was meant to go in and stay IN. You really need to apply tons of force to take it out. I want one that goes in, stays in nicely, but comes out easily when you wish to take it out.

also the apple ipad case offers virtually little or no protection for the device at all... I mean don't get me wrong. I bought the darn thing... and I kinda like it but not for the PRICE....

infosprt

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Temecula, CA
lol. The Apple iPad case is flimsy! It can BARELY stand on its own. Secondly it's darn near impossible to get the iPad in and out of the case. It's like it was meant to go in and stay IN. You really need to apply tons of force to take it out. I want one that goes in, stays in nicely, but comes out easily when you wish to take it out.

also the apple ipad case offers virtually little or no protection for the device at all... I mean don't get me wrong. I bought the darn thing... and I kinda like it but not for the PRICE....

Your right about the difficulty in taking the iPad out of the case. When I first got the iPad I purchased the keyboard that has the receptacle for the iPad. Seeing that it was next to impossible to get the iPad out of the case one of the two had to go. I brought the keyboard back and traded it for the blue tooth keyboard.

s4yunkim

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2009
I finally got mine...

http://www.dodocase.com/

They make them by hand so it took around 6 weeks for mine to get made and shipped to me. Looks just like a bigger version of the moleskine notebook i carry in my bag. Aside from the long wait to get it, it's perfect!

AppleKash

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
South Texas
http://www.dodocase.com/

They make them by hand so it took around 6 weeks for mine to get made and shipped to me. Looks just like a bigger version of the moleskine notebook i carry in my bag. Aside from the long wait to get it, it's perfect!

I watched all the videos they look beautiful! The only concern I have is about using the Dodo Case as a stand... I saw the video where he uses it as a stand -- but not convinced. Other than that this hand built case looks genuinely amazing!

veedow

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Eco-Vue iPad case

I wanted total protection, like the Apple case. So I went with the Evo-Vue case. It's thicker then the Apple case, and the leather cover doesn't scratch like the Apple one does. Has a nice holder for you hand to help hold the device. Also, can tuck a microfiber cleaning cloth into, to clean the screen. If you can live with a thicker case, I highly recommend the Evo-Vue as a great alternative to the Apple case.
http://www.marware.com/products/iPad/Eco-Vue-for-iPad

Also, for a cheap stand, the Fellows Wire Book stand works great with this case!
I found it on ebay for $5.00 delivered.
http://www.amazon.com/Fellowes-Study-Inches-Silver-10024/dp/B00006B8HT

aelalfy

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Berlin, Germany
What cases are you all using for ipad?

Search for this : Black MACALLY bookstand case for ipad.

Thank me later, makes the apple case look like dirt. It doesnt cover the screen whatsoever so you dont get that annoying band around your ipad. It feels like suede and the inside is micro to clean your screen and stuff. Very well done case. Plus you dont have to shove your ipad in it from the side like the apple case.

LAter

Graig

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Leather iPad case from Targus

I bought a really nice case made by Targus. Brown leather, soft, nicely lined inside. It looks great too. Now I've put the iPad in the Macally METROLPAD which fits it beautifully, a bit tight now when I slide it in and out of the Targus but still great.

jackiecanev2

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2007
We have a DODOcase and a Macally Bookstand... returned the Apple case after a 3-week wait and after comparing the stock case to the Macally.

shellbryson

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2006
Edinburgh
I have the Griffin book/wallet thing, fake leather but really soft. Unfolds like a book, simple tab to hold it closed. I really like it, 'softer' than the official Apple one. Same prices tho - £35.

GAUG3

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2010
PDair portfolio style case from cases.com. Magnets keep it closed. No, I have not had any problems with the magnets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.