Can anyone tell me what the keyboard is like?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by amycishere, Feb 10, 2007.

1. amycishere macrumors 6502

If anyone could describe it if possible, that would be great. I couldn't go to the Apple Store to try it out because it is like two hours away. Sorry, I am so excited. I promise no more questions today. I am just so anxious. lol.

2. tundotcom macrumors member

3. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, sorry. Macbook. I thought they had the same keyboard.

4. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

The MacBook keyboard is surprisingly good. Looking at it you would think it couldn't be any good, and it does feel weird at first, but, in my experience, after a week or so my old iBook was the one feeling weird... now I prefer the MacBook keyboard over all other keyboards I've tried... :)

5. ebouwman macrumors 6502a

i feel the same way, i think overall it feels really nice.

Maybe you could go somewhere else that carries macbooks to try it out like maybe a futureshop, london drugs, maybe best buy (not really sure), or Staples Buisiness Depot.

6. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

I was told buy Best Buy and Circuit City that they don't have them instore. Only online. I have never heard of a Staples Buisness Depot...I just really really hope I love my Macbook.

7. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

you may find the KB diff at 1st, but most ppl get used to it.

8. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

I don't like the cheapness of the macbook keyboard. Reminds me of my old TRS-80 COCO computer.
    The macbook pros keyboard feels alot better.

9. amycishere thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, but I was already spending enough money and I didn't need the pro features.

10. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

I have both. You get used to both pretty quick. The MB is actually easier to clean IMHO.

11. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

I agree. The keys are easy to find and comfortable to use. I do wish that the keyboard was a bit less "clattery" though. Otherwise, in key spacing, size, and resistance, it's almost perfect.

12. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Depends what you like. The MBP i find to be more on the quiet and soft side, offering easy keystrokes.

the macbook has a very nice feeling keyboard in terms of feedback and crispness.

I like both.

13. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

It's actually pretty nice; I'm typing this on my MacBook right now. I wasn't sure about how the keyboard was gonna feel at first either. And I agree with Mitthrawnuruodo about after getting used to the MacBook keyboard, other keyboards start to feel a little weird, but not too bad.

14. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

i wish the macbookpro's keyboard was like the macbook, cause i hate getting crap under the keys!! do they macbooks keyboards light up like my mbp??

15. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Nope, only some PBs and all the MBPs have the light-up keyboards, unfortunately.