Can anyone tell me what this is and how to get rid of it?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by xfauxsn, Jan 10, 2005.

1. xfauxsn macrumors newbie

xfauxsn

Hi all, I recently rebooted and have noticed a small blue "bubble" on my screen. It is transparent and turns opaque when you mouse over it. If you click on it, it activates the function usually assigned to the F10 key for Expose. I can move it around the screen like something from Konfabulator. I do have both Konfabulator and Growl installed, but they are both off right now.. and this thing still won't go away. Any help?

Attached Files:

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....what does it do if you right-click (or control+click) on it......oh yeah!

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

ohh i remember someone else having this.... if i remember right its just a weird glitch in the sytem...

try restarting

4. mowogg macrumors 6502

mowogg

That's the "Expose Blob." Do you have Cocktail? If so, Cocktail can turn that on and off.
    If you don't have Cocktail, download it. It's shareware and you can use it for free for this one time. The best thing to do would be to spend the $9.95 for it in case the blob ever comes back.

5. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

Open Terminal (/Application/Utilities/Terminal) and type in the following:

Code:
    defaults write com.apple.dock wvous-floater -bool false
    killall Dock

6. xfauxsn thread starter macrumors newbie

xfauxsn

Thanks! The Terminal thing worked, I noticed that option in Cocktail, but I don't think I checked it to display. Thanks again.

7. pipes macrumors newbie

8. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

you could also use adiumx as your chat program if you don't already. there is a script you can download to control hidden dock prefs, etc, that would let you turn that on and off.

9. SpeedRacr26 macrumors newbie

SpeedRacr26

heres another what is this!

hi recently ive been getting this error message everytime I try and download something from Safari. does anyone know how to solve this problem?? i attached a snapshot of the error message, hope the picture works!

Attached Files:

10. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Looking at your error message, it looks like your Safari installation is corrupted. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to fix this - what's needed is a reinstall of Safari, but doing that is easier said than done due to the way Apple sometimes bundles Safari updates along with operating system updates. If you're using Mac OS X 10.3.7, download the Mac OS X Combined Update 10.3.7 (warning, it's a 97 MB file) and install it - it includes a Safari update, which MIGHT fix your issue. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to help, since I've lost touch with Mac OS X versions older than 10.3.