Can apple cancel a delivery when TNT has it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mckvakk, Sep 20, 2006.

1. mckvakk macrumors regular

Sorry if this is not the way to do this but it's better than opening a new thread with almost the same content..
    If Apple has handed the shipment over to TNT, can they take it back? (read the rest of the post and you'll see why i wonder)

The topic was "A tiny Problem with my order"
    Original post:
    Here's the deal. I ordered an 30GB 5.5G last week. Yesterday i ordered an 8GB nano because i thought 30GB would be to big, The 30GB. I got a shipping confirmation from apple last night.. Today i got the 30GB and it didn't seem all that big after all so i called apple to cancel my nano which wasn't registered with tnt yet. After about 10-15min of usage i found out that the 30G was to big after all so i called apple back to cancel the cancellation, they told me it would be no problem and that it wouldn't affect my order. Around 15min ago the status page on the applestore got updated saying "Returns Pending - Return initiated on Sep 20, 2006 by Apple". But suddenly the order also appeared on the tnt page (no info yet, but they recognized the reference number).

What do you think? will i get the nano or should i order a new one now to get it before the weekend?

(hope this post make some sense)

2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I'd have some patience - sometimes Apple's page takes a few hours to update. If anything, give Apple a ring before ordering another iPod...

3. mckvakk thread starter macrumors regular

the problem is that they're closed for the night. I think i'll wait until midnight (3 hrs), if the tnt page isn't updated (can apple pull the shipment if it's in the tnt system?) i'll order a new one

4. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Dude, stop ordering iPods if you only want one.

5. mckvakk thread starter macrumors regular

I will, when i get the one i want (the nano).

6. KevKaos macrumors 6502

To big? As in size of the iPod or the space on the iPod? I don't see how you could EVER have to much space. I'm waiting on the 60GB Nano Video with Flash memory rather than a micro-drive to be developed. Until that day, I will stick to the regular 60GB iPod Video which is on its way to me. :D :D

7. mckvakk thread starter macrumors regular

It's the physical size of it. The weight also had a tiny part of it.
    I loved the screen and video playback, but i know the size will bother me

8. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

It sounds like Apple have shipped it and have set up a return. TNT will probably deliver it to you, and because of this you'll probably get a call from TNT asking for a convenient date to pick it up from you. Once Apple get it back you'll get a refund.

I could be wrong, but if TNT have got it, this is what is likely to happen as it's too far in the pipeline for Apple to get it back directly.

9. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

I'm sure that Apple can stop a delivery up to the point it is delivered, but that's for cases like credit card fraud. When it has been legitimately ordered, they may refuse to stop it. Even if that's the case, you should be able to ship it back to them at your own expense, and get the full purchase price back.

David

10. mckvakk thread starter macrumors regular

I don't want to send the nano back. I want to keep it, apple started the return thing even though they said they wouldnt.

11. hush macrumors member

hey dude, probably what you should do is to order every ipod in apple catalogue, just in case you have one of your 15-minutes attack... surely, the one reaching your home is the one you want...

Unbelievable... and after we have to read complaints about Apple customer service... Saint Apple from now, please.

12. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Just ignore it then, after a period of time the return cancels :)

13. mckvakk thread starter macrumors regular

I actually have no problem with apple customer service (other than a little weird phone system), i've allways gotten very good service on the phone.
    It seems like i misunderstood the tnt page and that things probably will get sorted out tomorrow:)

Oh, btw.. you guys never bought the wrong product?
    The downside of buying things online is that you don't have a physical store to go to if you do this kind of things.

14. hush macrumors member

yeah mate, I was just joking... I didnt mean to offend you.

You know, Spanish sense of humor... huh.