Can Apple Logo be used?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AT101ET, Nov 2, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Jun 21, 2012
    UK (London)
    I have designed a really nice case for the 5th Gen touch, but before I start production, I want to clarify certain things.
    Firstly, the Apple Logo is personally owned by Apple and I was wondering, is there some way I can use the logo on my device. For example, do I need a permit from them and where can I apply.
    I was also thinking about the word iPod. Is that also a trademark, and would I be able to use it?
    I tried contacting them, but they haven't answered yet. I submitted my question to the MFI Programme even though the concept requires no electrical hardware. Does anyone know what I can and cannot do, and who I can contact to ask?

Many thanks :)
  2. macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    Without express permission, you can't legally use any pf the trademarks:

Remember just how litigious a company they can be, and use the links on the page above to contact them. There is also a comprehensive list of who can and who can't use them on the page above.
  3. macrumors 68040

Jul 2, 2012
    You can't use it without permission. Period.
  4. macrumors member

Oct 19, 2008
    Don't bother trying to put the logo on it - for 2 reasons.
    1). Apple will never give you permission. Never. It won't happen.
    2). Even if they accidentally did, they would want 500 times more money per case than you make in profit. You would have to increase your price by a ridiculous amount.

This is why NO cases - even the most popular, do not have the apple logo. You are simply wasting your time with this idea.