Can Australia do it for the 9th time?

Discussion in 'Community' started by arijitbarman, Jul 18, 2005.

1. arijitbarman macrumors newbie

Hi friends, I am a cricket maniac and I am really excited about the forthcoming Test series between the host England and the visitors Australia. They will be seen in action in later half of July for the most prestigious The Ashes Trophy, 2005. England will be playing for glory and Australia will be playing to defend the trophy as they are doing it for the last 8 years. This time English players like Kevin Pieterson, Harmison & Andrew Flintoff will be heavy for Australia. I came across a site named http://cricket.123india.com from where I got the latest informations about The Ashes Series 2005.Looking towards the past, bowling department of the teams will be the playing factor. Now let’s see which side makes the race. Hey the Aussies won the Natwest series by 2-1.

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

As long as those damn crickets don't keep me awake, I don't care what they do.

Oh wait, you mean the sport... :rolleyes: :D

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yes i do think we can but it will be one of the closest series we've seen in ages, the Poms are hungry for it, they have the talent for it and we've seen signs of complacency from the aussies throughout much of the one-day series but I do think the aussies can pull their socks up and win this series by a fairly close margin.

If it doesn't rain we may see australia win it, 2-1 with one draw or maybe 2-0 with the two draws, rain may see an even tighter series, 1-0 possibly.

Anyhoo, Dizzy is not at his best form and Lee has been known to have a bit of trouble in the tests although his recent form suggests he's on his way back. If Dizzy can pull himeslf up we may see a very exciting series. Carn Ustraya!!!

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Unfortunately, I think it's actually 18 years since we (England) last won it. :eek:

5. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I agree with Chundles. I think this is going to be one hell of a series. I like seeing Australia win as much as the next Australian but I get a little sick of the easy wins. But England has really picked up their game and that can only mean better cricket!

I still think we'll win though. :)

No cricket moment could be the World Series in England in... 1999 (?) and those last two games with South Africa. The best one day games of cricket I have ever had the pleasure of watching. If The Ashes can equal that in terms of competition, I'll be in heaven.

And a big thanks to SBS for showing it for free!!

6. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

I think the real question is will the poms win a game, possibly, two doubtful so if the weather holds out i cant see em winning, now you bloody poms have just to let the trophy come to it's rightful place with the winners not losers, fall apart yeah right

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, we won it back in 1989 and haven't lost it yet, so 16 years we've held the little pot of ash.

Question, is it the smallest trophy around? Wouldn't be surprised if it was.

8. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Hmmm...17 wickets in one day...dodgy bounce already, McGrath on form, Australia batting first...unfortuantly this looks like its gonna be an Aussie win. :mad: Damn stupid groundsmen. And Old Trafford will turn square as always. Ye Gods why can't we do what every other blinking Test nation does and do the pitches to suit their teams? Grrr. :mad: :eek: :(

9. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Are you taking the mick? England will be thumped as usual. Or are you just psyching yourself up, to make it seem harder than it really is? Australia are the best cricket team the world has ever seen and are pretty much unbeatable.
    Still, gotta have something to do eh? :p
    EDIT: 92-7 what a pile of toss (not the one Michael Vaughn lost ;) )

10. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

That was some pretty majestic bowling today from McGrath. I'm not a big cricket fan, but I doubt I'll see anything better than the spell of those first five wickets for a long long time.

This first innings it looks like neither team are in much form with the bat - certainly not on this pitch - and it's going to come down to the ball. We desperately need Pietersen to get up to 70 or so in this innings, then keep our fingers crossed for another swift dismissal of the Aussie batsmen.

This test isn't quite lost yet, but it's already looking like 0-1 after Lords. :(

11. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

It's looking pretty good, peoples. Well, if you're Australian. :)

So far its been a pretty enjoyable match. Let's hope it stays that way.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You can beat the English cricket team, but you'll never get the better of the English weather. ;)

13. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Won by 239 runs. At least Pietersen did well. I'm not taking any bets on 5-0. First the Lions and now this? Better go back to annoying the French about the Olympics :p
    Congrats Australia (and Glenn McGrath)

14. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

That gave me a nice hearty chuckle. Thanks :D