Can color in desktop picture be altered?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Deepdale, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

The attached image is presently on my iMac's screen. Someone recently saw it and wanted to use it on their Mac as well, which obviously is not problematic. However, the person asked me if there was a freeware or shareware program that would enable the shadow effect to be removed and also allow the red to be replaced by pink and purple.

I was unable to offer a solution ... anyone with interesting ideas? Or is the picture a straightforward take it as it is choice? Thanks for any assistance that may be forthcoming.

Attached Files:

2. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Changing the colour of the heart should be fairly easy using The GIMP/GIMPshop. You could also use it to remove the shadows, kind of... but it whould be much trickier.

3. MacHarne macrumors 6502

A two bit job. That shadow isn't the easiest thing to rid of, though.

Attached Files:

4. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I appreciate your effort and understand how the shadow effect would be more challenging to modify or even eliminate. Come on now and be a real sport ... redo the heart in a vivid purple color ... then I can forward them both to the person I mentioned and be done with it. Just think of the happiness you'll be providing. :)

5. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

how 'bout this? ;)

Attached Files:

6. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

How about this ... I love it! Thank you. You get excellent and quick help from Mac Forum members.

7. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

How about this? (Tweak of MacHarne's tweak)

Attached Files:

8. Deepdale thread starter macrumors 68000

Deepdale

And the goodies just keep on comin' ... excellent.

I have a pic of a woman that I won't be attaching here, but she is surrounded by white which I am not wild about. Send me a PM if you'd be willing to change the surrounding color for me. I will be back later this evening or early tomorrow morning. Thanks.