Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applerocks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Has anyone had any success bargaining at an Apple store? Like getting RAM for cheaper, or a free mouse or something similar?

Would it be possible?

Thanks,
applerocks

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
no chance....

but i hear people who placed orders online and called back the next day that they wanted to cancel it, they were able to get a 100 dollars off....

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Yes, if you want to pay more -- I'm sure they will the clerk at the register will glady take your extra $100 bills off your hands.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
It would be nice if you could bargain with Apple to get a lower price or some nice added perks, but it is not going to happen applerocks. :eek:

Maybe if you try throwing a temper tantrum, then you might get your way............ ;) :D

.......or get hauled off to jail.

malandra

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2003
Yes you can bargain. I got the Apple store in NH to give me a free $29.99 neoprene case...but only after picking up an iBook, .Mac, and Applecare, all with student discount. Not a giant score, but my 'lil sister likes the free case. Also, when I bought my iMac last summer I got them to take an extra $100 off after student discount for using a citibank visa coupon code. That was harder to pull off, as student discounts can't be combined, but they ended up giving me the iSight for $49.

That said, I'm a cute girl-which goes a long way on the bargaining table:D

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
malandra said:
Yes you can bargain. I got the Apple store in NH to give me a free $29.99 neoprene case...but only after picking up an iBook, .Mac, and Applecare, all with student discount.

I have heard other people pull that deal off at the apple store. So I guess if you are about to buy a MacBook or MPB and are going to buy all that other stuff I would think you could ask for a free case.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I have bargained with apple stores before

One up in NH when i bought my iBook a few years back

I got a free 128MB RAM stick (which was very nice cause the iBook only had 256 to begin with) and a free USB cable.

Got the iBook and a printer

UKnjb

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2005
London, UK
I can give you a gold-standard answer to your question. However, I will charge you £100 for it. How much are you prepared to offer me for the answer? Over to you..... :D

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
eva01 said:
I have bargained with apple stores before

One up in NH when i bought my iBook a few years back

I got a free 128MB RAM stick (which was very nice cause the iBook only had 256 to begin with) and a free USB cable.

Got the iBook and a printer

Cool, I did not think that Apple would do that for you. You must be one heck of a negotiator eva01! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.