Can I buy an iPhone at Best Buy and get AppleCare?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by c073186, Oct 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about buying the iPhone 5 at Best Buy but couldn't find AppleCare on their website for purchase. Can I not buy AppleCare with a Best Buy purchased iPhone? Is the warranty different bases on whether or not you get it at the official Apple Store?

2. macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Yes, you can buy AppleCare for any iPhone within 30 days, but you must take it to an Apple store.

3. macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I bought mine from AT&T and only could get AppleCare+ at time of purchase. Called apple today and bought AC+ over the phone. Apple rep said i had 30 days ftom time of purchase. Saved me an 80 mile trip.

4. macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

If you buy an iPhone, go online at Apple.com and register your device. You can buy AppleCare+ at that time, too, and extend your support.

5. macrumors 68030

Can't you just buy Applecare+ from Amazon with the 30 day window?

6. macrumors newbie

Not from amazon and best buy doesn't sell AppleCare they sell geek squad protection

7. macrumors 68030

Amazon does sell Applecare.

8. macrumors member

No amazon sells the old applecare which works with everything from a 4s and back. Applecare+ has to be added in store within 30 days if you did not purchase it with your order. They will inspect your phone before the sale.

9. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I took my launch day phone into the Apple store on Sunday. I was in and out in five minutes with AppleCare. No genius appointment needed.