Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danielbriggs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Hi All!

Is it possible to buy the £250 whatever, Apple Pro Care thingy, after I buy my laptop? Or does it have to be bought with the laptop on the same order?
It is ACTUALLY worth it for a 17" soon to be Merom MBP?
I'm using it at school, back and to everyday in a Crumpler bag.

I think it is useful, but can't afford it as of this mo, perhaps in a month or two.

Also, is it just like an extened warranty to fix hardware?

Thanks!

Dan :)

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Yes, you can but it up to a year after you bought your Mac. I'd say its worth it. It paid for itself when my SuperDrive died the other day.

Kardashian

macrumors 68020
Sep 4, 2005
Britain.
You can. I think it has to be done within the initial 12 months.

You get phone support for software and hardware issues, as well as hardware repair free of charge, under Apple Care.

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
danielbriggs said:
Oh that's good.

So you think I should get one some time later, when I can afford it, or is it "dead" money?

Dan :)

decide in 11 months if you are going to keep the machine for longer, and if you would feel better with applecare.

danielbriggs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
Good thinking Batman!

There are 2 voices in my head (kinda like the new mac ad!)

One: STOP spending money on stuff like that
Two: Santa Rosa.. Santa Rosa... Santa Rosa

(I like no. two!)

Lol!

thworple

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2005
Sussex, England
11 months after I bought my Powerbook I got a phonecall from Apple informing me that my 1 year was nearly up, and offering me AppleCare over the phone there and then.

Was very pleasantly surprised, as up till that point I asking the same question you were!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.