Can I buy applecare after my first year?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozreth, Jul 23, 2011.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

Nov 5, 2009
    If my first year of applecare has expired is it still possible to get apple care off of ebay or amazon and apply the code?

ps: wasn't sure where to put this but its for my MBP so I figured id drop it here ha.
  2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Oct 14, 2010
  3. aery macrumors member

Nov 27, 2009
    Unfortunately for you, the additional applecare must be purchased before or the day of the expiry date.
  4. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2011
    I've seen posts here by users who were able to talk Apple into allowing a purchase after the end date. I think it was only a week or two after. The users gave a sob story about being out of the country or something. Anyway, they claimed they were able to buy it and register it. I know there was more than one person claiming to have done it. They did it directly through Applecare though, not by buying it elsewhere first.
  5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    If it's only a day or two, you can call applecare and say the FedEx people took 3 extra days to deliver it...
  6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Jul 29, 2008
    The Far Horizon
    Exactly. Applecare must be bought before the expiry of the date of the one year warranty and not a day later.

As some of the other posters have pointed out, you may, as a favour, be allowed to buy it if you are a few days over the time limit, but, this is a favour, or privilege occasionally granted, not a right to be expected.