Can i change my processor clockspeed?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sAmBaL BeLaCaN, Sep 10, 2004.

1. sAmBaL BeLaCaN macrumors member

Hi guys...

1.Just curious if i could replace my old 700 Mhz processor from eMac to a new 1.25 GHz?

2. Is it possible too if i could update a USB 1.1 to USB 2.0 hardware from my eMac?

Thanx,
    Sambal

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

1. Only if you are good at soldering all those pins on a G4, and don't mind working around a charged CRT.

2. Not possible on a SDR eMac, Apple accomplished this trick on the PowerMac MDD Rev. B -- but I don't recall if anyone's tried USB2.0 on those machines.

They did it by moving USB from KeyLargo to PCI, but that also requires a bunch of stuff that's not possible at home without a PCI slot.

When you design a new machine, yes. Rewire an old machine without PCI -- insanity.

It is "possible." But I'd rather buy a new Bently than spend that much money researching the possibility and building a prototype.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

If you know what you are doing (you can ruin your eMac), try this for a nice little overclock: eMac 700mhz "Upgrade".