Can I compress iMOVIE file that's more than 2 hours for iDVD burn?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Col, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Col
    macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    G'day All,
    My first post and you guys sound really smart, so here goes...
    I have an iMOVIE project that is 2 hours 15 mins long. I want to burn using iDVD, but it needs to be less than 2 hours to fit on one single layer DVD. Any way I can further compress ??? It's just TV programming off Tivo (not treasured family history footage) so I don't mind losing quality to make to all fit on one.
    Can you guys help me ??? :D
  2. macrumors regular

Feb 2, 2006
    Have you tried importing to iDVD? I'm trying to remember the longest video I've imported and burned on SL media, and I think it was the 2006 Tony Awards. The program was 2:09. The menu is static, but it all fit on a single-layer DVD (4.15GB).
  3. Col
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey Technopagan.... Thanks for advice but unfortunately it didn't work. I exported to iDVD from iMOVIE menu and ignored the warning that my project was too long. I changed menus to 'non-moving ones' and didn't have any chapters at all. Still when I pressed the burn icon, I got the warning again saying "Your project exceeds the maximum allowed content duration. You will not be able to burn your DVD".
    Any other ideas, perhap another program I can use to shrink it before going to iDVD.
    I really appreciate yout time. Thanx :)
  4. macrumors 68040

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR

Visual Hub at is your friend. It's worth the $20.

It can encode nearly ANYTHING.
  5. macrumors 6502a

Jul 2, 2005
    Mess w/ the best quality and Best Preformance Settings in iDVD see... if not.... go w/ above post