Can I connected my G-4 to a 610 Performa

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by DAVE2158, Oct 15, 2004.

1. DAVE2158 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    This is my First post and I hope that someone can help
    I have a 610 Performa sitting around I like to use it just for storge not internet or anything. Well I just not sure about how to hook it to My G-4 I do believe this is easy and cheap can I use appletalk. the 610 has just a modem no ethernet card. Well I believe thats it for now anymore information need let me know. :confused:

2. 40167 macrumors regular

Id get an ethernet card personaly, then you can use the machine to do things like stay on irc all day or so... now you say using it for storage, I dunno... I mean its not like that performa has a super huge harddrive.

3. DAVE2158 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I connected my G-4 to a 610 Performa

Maybe i should have given more info i do have a 2gig external hardrive for the performa. can I use Appletalk because I can't seem to find a erthernet card for the performa. any help. :(

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

There is a solution to this little problem. I've used it myself, and it works pretty well. You need a LocalTalk-to-Ethernet adapter. Just connect one end to your Ethernet network (or Ethernet cable from your newer Mac if you lack a network) and the other end to your LocalTalk network (or just connect the LocalTalk cable from your older Mac to it if you lack a LocalTalk network). The adapter does the translation for you - all you have to do is make sure AppleTalk is turned on at both Macs.

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I can get you both.email me..