Can I do this with Firefox?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sahnert, Nov 19, 2004.

1. sahnert macrumors 6502

I have a friend on windows xp computer and I convinced her to switch from IE to Firefox. She has adjusted pretty well to the major differences, but there are still a few things that IE does that I can't find out about Firefox. She has MSN messenger and AIM and with IE she can launch them from little button icons in the toolbar. Is there any similar functionality, or something that can simulate this for her? Thanks for any help

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Try dragging them to the bookmarks bar. Honestly that has to be the worst "feature" of IE on Windows - those icons that get installed by programs. However, dragging the program icons into the bookmarks bar "should" work.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Why not just create a couple shortcuts in the Quick Launch area of the taskbar? It would still take only one click.

If this isn't running, you can turn it on by right clicking the taskbar and select Quick Launch from the Toolbars list.

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

This is tangential to what you asked - but you might want to suggest she try using gaim to connect to both chat accounts (as well as lots of others) at the same time. No ads, you can have all your chats in one tabbed window if you want, your buddy lists are all in one window, etc.

If you enable the "wingaim" options she can even have it sit in the taskbar and/or autolaunch when she first logs in.

5. sahnert thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the replys i'll give those things a shot.