can i get an app off my computer?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AppleIntelRock, Aug 17, 2006.

1. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

I have Final Cut pro on my powerbook and upgraded to a macbook pro. I lost my final cut cd's during my last movie (yes, I'm a person who actually buys full retail software) is there a way to get final cut pro off of my powerbook and onto my macbook pro. or do i need to buy the cd's over again? (which i'm beginning to think is my only option)

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Talk to Apple and they should be able to send you replacement CDs. There will probably be a small fee, but it'll be much less than buying Final Cut all over again.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Or, depending on the version of Final Cut Pro and whether it'll even run on Intel Macs, you could try using a Firewire cable, Migration Assistant and Target Disk Mode to transfer it across. Migration Assistant isn't the most reliable of methods though, so Nermal's way is probably advisable. :)

4. the kid 05 macrumors regular

St. Charles Illinois (subdiv of Chi-town)
    maybe on your old mac where it says "final cut pro" at the top on the left hand side...click "about final cut pro" i think you can find your serial number their...no?