Can I get an iPhone 1800 number?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss1, Oct 10, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

boss1

I'm curious . I had one before through verizon . Since Cingular is now part of AT&T and they offer hardline, and business line service also, this should be an option available?

2. macrumors 604

gkarris

Check online with "toll free number" in the search.

There are companies which provide an 800 number for you at a charge. When callers dial the 800 the company forwards it to the number you specify (your iPhone phone number).

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

good deal, ill look that up. I was hoping AT&T could provide the number. Ill give them a call to be sure but if they dont its good to know there are companies that do that service externally

4. macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I am pretty sure AT&T won't be providing 1-800 numbers.

5. macrumors member

My experience has been that it is MUCH MUCH cheaper to get an 800 number from one of the many "forwarding" services out there instead of directly from a company like AT&T or Verizon. I used TelCan for several years and was always very happy with the service (and the price!)

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

boss1

Yep, I found this is the best way to go also (forwarding). I found an unlimited rate. it comes to less then $50 per month, unlimited 800 calls, and I get one of those intro's where the caller is prompted to push 1 for "option 1 "... push 2 for "option 2" etc.