Can I get Photo Booth for my Powerbook G4 with iSight cam?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DinoMac, Nov 2, 2006.

1. DinoMac macrumors newbie

Can you buy or download the Photobooth application on my Powerbook g4? I have the last Generation of Powerbook G4. And I have the separate iSight camera.

I was playing around with my friends MacBook Pro this past weekend at a halloween party, and it was almost the hit of the party, so much fun! :)
    I've got to have it!

But I can't seem to find it anywhere for purchase?

Can you only get it on the new Macs?

Help please! thx

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

New macs come bundled with it.

Leopard may or may not come with it... I know it will be coming with Front Row... so maybe photobooth as well.

3. dwishbone macrumors regular

i'm not sure if this would work, but if you can find someone with a mac that came with photobooth you may be able to extract it from the install disk using Pacifist.

4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It will come as part Leopard, don't worry! :) Steve told us so...

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I just got a 1.66 refurb mini. It didn't come with Photobooth, however the newer 1.83s do have it. I don't know why.

I got it from a friend and dropped it into my apps folder. I too have a first gen. iSight. I have launched it once just to see if it worked. But I didn't even snap a pic or mess with the effects.

Prior to getting the Mini I read online that people had installed it on PB's with varying success. It seems that older PBs have trouble with it and newer ones seemed to work. Seeing as you have the last pre-MBP PB, it may work on yours. It is a UB app.

6. DinoMac thread starter macrumors newbie

7. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    It's out there....you just need to know where to look, no I'm not posting it on MR.

:cool: ;)

8. chasingapple macrumors regular

chasingapple

Simply drag n drop from one Mac to the other, works great.

9. monke macrumors 65816

monke

If he had a newer Mac. :rolleyes:

Apple should bundle Photobooth with the iSights and Front Row with the remotes (and recievers).

10. clintob macrumors 6502

clintob

Actually, just as a point of reference, you can move any App from any Mac to another (assuming they're both OSX - never tried it in OS9).

The free Apps, like PhotoBooth, will work without incident - just drag, drop, and you're good to go. The paid or third-party Apps will still work, and install, but they'll ask you for a serial number, which of course you wont have.

... oh, and we would never consider getting a cracked serial number for said Apps by using a shady source like Serial Box. No way.

11. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

LOL @ clintob

Yeah, I have nothing of importance to add to this discussion without repeating what someone said. :(