Can I get this off the metal antenna band?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by it1294, Feb 2, 2012.

1. it1294, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've done a ton of web searching, but can't seem to find anyone that has a real solution to get rid of this thing

Does anyone know a way to get rid of this, It's very annoying and I feel like it depreciates the value, I got it from having an otterbox on.

I appreciate your help. Thank You

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

There are videos on utube explaining on how to clean the antenna band by doing a type of scratch up clean.

3. macrumors demi-god

Arelunde

Have you tried alcohol on a Q-tip? Generallly, this will clean up metal connectors and might work for your situation. Make sure the Q-tip is wet, but not drippy.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the advice, I've tried alchohol and stainless steel cleaner and it hasn't worked. Another problem is that it is so close to the speaker that I don't wanna get something in there.

Also, bandofbrothers, I've searched all through YouTube there is no video I could find that help my situation

5. macrumors 6502a

I've used a pin head sized dab of toothpaste to polish my band. Not enough to get in anywhere. It worked great, mild abrasive.

6. macrumors newbie